Things I hate about Adobe XD
Tue Apr 14 2020
Oh Adobe XD, sometimes you are quite good, but other times, you drive me up the fecking wall.
The List #
- The stupid tiny hit state to select an artboard
- The guides implementation (constantly having to zoom in and out to grab a new guide)
- No native bookmarking (and the one available plug in is a bit clunky)
- Aligning shapes and lines is harder than it should be
- There is no way to change ownership of cloud docs (crap for design systems)
- The way the sharable preview/prototype doesn't display at the same size as the artboard. It's scaled down a bit.
- The way you have to click on the tiny arrow next to a value to open a dropdown
- The way you can only drag to resize a shape from it's central point, necessitating unnecessary zooming and scrolling
- Overly aggressive inheritance of contents in hover state within components e.g. set a background colour hover state on one menu item and all menu items now get the first menu item's text on hover.
- The way the scroll bar can overlap the clickable icons in the layers panel, making them unclickable
- The way you need to zoom out and click on the artboard title every time you want to toggle a layout grid on or off.
To be continued...